Artemis Engages in Every Facet of the Sporting Conservation Life
Artemis protects wildlife and wild places in myriad ways to ensure they remain healthy and vital for ours and future generations. We participate in and lead service projects that restore and enhance lands vital to wildlife. We engage decision makers and land managers to seek outcomes and management decision that safeguard fish and wildlife, and our sporting opportunities. We push the sporting movement to adequately represent women and work to promote women’s leadership in the fish and wildlife fields. And we teach others, especially young people, how to be holistic conservationists who know their sport, the processes that affect it, and how to make positive changes to ensure the future of our sporting legacy. Find an event here.
Artemis has Big Plans!
Over the next two years we will:
- Build a movement of 8,000 Western sportswomen, who embody the hunting & angling conservation and stewardship ethos and demonstrate the unique role woman hunters & anglers can play in the fight to defend America’s wild species and places.
- Protect and restore 60 million acres of priority sage grouse and mule deer habitat.
- Transform wildlife conservation through targeted state legislative, regulatory, and policy reform that builds local constituencies and momentum and is able to leverage change from the state to the national level.
- Defend well established, bedrock conservation laws
- Establish the capacity of sportswomen to develop influential narratives and communicate, advocate, facilitate, mentor, and lead the fight for America’s public lands, waters, and wildlife.
- Create strategic opportunities for sportswomen and girls to connect with wildlife and wild places through leadership development, skills-building, shared experience, and hands-on restoration/conservation projects.
- Develop a dynamic sportswoman’s community, representative of all walks of life that comes together around a shared conservation vision that promotes camaraderie and a dedication to working, playing, and fighting for wildlife and wild lands together.