What is an Artemis Community?
An Artemis Community is a local community of sportswomen who come together to build relationships between hunters and anglers, support each other in the field and on the water, and learn more about conservation issues impacting our public lands, waters, and wildlife. Each community is led by a volunteer Artemis Ambassador. Ambassadors are chosen via process of application to be a part of a cohort of 30 sportswomen coming together from communities across the country.
What does an Artemis Ambassador do?
- Commits to supporting the growth of a community in their area by holding regular gatherings for women hunters and anglers.
- Commits to engaging their community in learning about, participating in, and advocating for conservation.
- Commits to building an inclusive community.
- Holds a minimum of 4 events per year to bring women hunters and anglers together to build community, enhance sporting capacity, and discuss important local and national conservation issues.
- Communicates monthly via email or phone with Artemis staff
- Participates in the Artemis Leadership Series, which consists of meetings and opportunities to connect with your ambassador cohort, increase your knowledge and understanding of conservation issues, and learn how to be an effective advocate and community builder.
What are Ambassador qualification Requirements?
- Ambassador must have a demonstrated commitment to hunting, fishing and conservation and participate in an application process before being selected for service.
- Ambassadors commit to serving a 2-year term.
How will Artemis support Ambassadors?
- Artemis will provide packets of guided conversations, background information on specific conservation issues, or opportunities for specific advocacy actions.
- Artemis will provide information and training on how to build a successful, sustainable and inclusive community group, with the flexibility and understanding that each Community may have an individualized approach.
- Artemis staff will be available upon request for questions and consultation.
- Artemis will connect each Ambassador to their NWF Director of Conservation Partnership and state affiliate.
- Artemis will assist in connecting each Ambassador to state agencies, commissions, partner organizations, and decision makers.
How can I become an Ambassador?
Email email@example.com with any other questions!